Looking for a Housecall Pro alternative? Then follow this guide for some of the best options available.
When it comes to smarter field service business management, choosing the right software to run your business is critical.
These days, there are loads of different HVAC and contractor software solutions on the market. This can make it tricky to choose a platform that will have the greatest effect on your business.
While Housecall Pro is a popular choice, it’s not necessarily the best choice for every business. The platform may include features your business doesn’t need, it can get expensive, and it might not necessarily be designed for your industry – like using HVAC-specific software.
So, to help you make a more informed decision, this guide reveals three of the best Housecall Pro alternatives you need to consider.
What Is Housecall Pro?
Housecall Pro is a cloud-based app designed for smarter field service management. The platform allows service professionals to save time and work more efficiently by automating workflows and optimizing the way technicians are dispatched.
The platform includes tools for improved scheduling, dispatching, invoicing, payment collection, and more. This is spread out over three main modules:
Tools for more efficient business management – like invoicing, scheduling, dispatch, and estimation software.
Tools to help home service businesses grow – like recurring service plans, online booking, reporting tools, etc.
Money management tools – like payment processing and business financing options.
Tools for an enhanced client experience – such as customer management, marketing, and website building software.
The platform is commonly used by HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and cleaning businesses, although all kinds of home service businesses can utilize Housecall Pro.
It’s a relatively extensive platform to help home service businesses reduce paperwork, operate more efficiently, and grow their revenue.
Top Five Housecall Pro Alternatives
While Housecall Pro is a solid software platform, it may not be the best fit for every home service business. Before you invest in your software, be sure to understand what Housecall Pro alternative solutions are available.
Here are some of the best options.
1. 3C Connect
If you run an HVAC business, then 3C Connect is arguably the best Housecall Pro alternative. 3C Connect is an all-in-one platform that offers HVAC businesses all the tools they need for smarter growth. This includes tools for:
- Scheduling and dispatch management
- Inventory replenishment
- Technical training and troubleshooting videos
- Flat rate service price books
- Integration with Quickbooks
- Mobile app
- SMS reminders
- Field inspection sheets
- A debrief system
- Agreement management
- CRM and task manager
- Sales proposals and job costing
- Cost recovery
Basically, you get everything you need to run your business smarter through a single platform.
3C Connect has been specifically designed by HVAC professionals for the industry. This means that all the features available have been created to make the maximum impact on business growth.
The platform is easy to use and can help any HVAC business save time, improve customer experiences, and increase profits.
- Every tool you need to grow your HVAC business
- An affordable alternative to Housecall Pro
- Customized pricing to match the needs of your business
- Includes a handy mobile app
- Very user-friendly
- It was designed specifically for the HVAC industry
When it comes to alternatives to Housecall Pro, Jobber is one of the most popular options available. This cloud-based platform also offers an all-in-one solution for more efficient field service business management.
The platform includes a range of job management, customer service, and business operations features.
One of the most appealing aspects of using Jobber is that it is a very versatile platform. All kinds of field service businesses use it, and there are many different features that businesses can utilize for more efficient business management and improved customer experiences.
The software lets you manage all areas of each job – including estimating, quoting, scheduling, invoicing, and getting paid.
If you’re looking for free alternatives to Housecall Pro, then you can also look into Jobber’s useful free trial.
Check out our list of Jobber alternatives for more software solutions you can consider.
- A robust and extensive Housecall Pro alternative
- Suitable for a wide range of field service industries
- Includes excellent customer service features
- Includes a free software trial
- Reporting features are lacking
- A more expensive Housecall Pro alternative
- Online booking feature could be improved
3. Service Fusion
Service Fusion is an all-in-one field service management platform and one of the most popular Jobber alternatives. This platform is geared more towards larger businesses, as it’s more expensive and incorporates a broader range of advanced features.
You can use Service Fusion to access tools for field service management, GPS fleet tracking, payment processing, and service call tracking.
Within these main features, there are many different functionalities that the platform offers.
- Incorporates a wide range of features into a single platform
- Suitable for many different types of field service industries
- Easy to manage many different areas of business from a single platform
- Less features and scaleability compared to ServiceTitan
Just like Jobber, ServiceTitan offers a robust, yet user-friendly, software solution for field service businesses. The platform is designed for home and commercial contractors to help them run their businesses smarter and improve customer experiences.
The feature-rich software platform includes marketing tools, operations management functions, customer experience tools, and detailed insights and reporting. As a Jobber alternative, it’s one of the most extensive solutions available.
- Includes a wide range of features
- Useful marketing tools
- An expensive alternative to Housecall Pro
5. Field Edge
FieldEdge is a cloud-based field services management system for home service professionals working in the electrical, HVAC, and plumbing industries. FieldEdge can be used to manage day-to-day processes, including scheduling customer appointments and dispatching technicians.
- It has robust invoicing capabilities that allow you to create estimates and easily convert them into work orders
- You can send invoices via text message and automatically track progress from quotes to payments
- Real-time reporting allows you to always have an up-to-date view of your company’s financial performance
- Customers complain about the difficulty of customizing schedules for their business
- Users say that the analytics offered are somewhat limited
While Housecall Pro is a robust and popular software solution, it’s important to consider all the options available to find the right solution for your company.
Using the list above, you can find a suitable platform to make your business operations more efficient and help you maximize profits. To get this right, you need to choose a platform that offers features that are tailored to your business needs.
If you run an HVAC business, then check out our guide to the best HVAC software for more information. Choosing the right software solution will make a major difference in the way your business operates.